Chapter 84: Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof
NIL (Not taxable)
5% Tax bracket
1. Hand pumps and parts thereof [8413, 8414 90]
2. Solar water heater and system [8419 19]
3. Renewable energy devices & spare parts for their manufacture
a) Bio-gas plant
b) Solar power based devices
c) Solar power generating system
d) Wind mills and wind operated electricity generator
e) Waste to energy plants/devices
f) Solar lantern/solar lamp
g) Ocean waves/tidal waves energy devices/plants
12% Tax bracket
1. Nuclear fuel elements 
2. Power driven pumps primarily designed for handling water, namely, centrifugal pumps (horizontal and vertical), deep tube-well turbine pumps, submersible pumps, axial flow and mixed flow vertical pumps 
3. Bicycle pumps, hand pumps etc. [8414 20 10, 8414 20 20 or 8414 90 12].
4. Milking machines and dairy machinery 
5. Sewing machines 
6. Composting Machines 
18% Tax bracket
All goods not specified elsewhere.
1. Nuclear reactors; fuel elements (cartridges), non-irradiated, for nuclear reactors; machinery and apparatus for isotopic separation 
2. Steam or other vapour generating boilers (other than central heating hot water boilers capable also of producing low pressure steam); super-heated water boilers 
3. Central heating boilers other than those of heading 8402 
4. Auxiliary plant for use with boilers of heading 8402 or 8403 (for example, economisers, superheaters, soot removers, gas recoverers); condensers for steam or other vapour power units 
5. Producer gas or water gas generators, with or without their purifiers; acetylene gas generators and similar water process gas generators, with or without their purifiers 
6. Steam turbines and other vapour turbines 
7. Hydraulic turbines, water wheels, and regulators therefor 
8. Turbo-jets, turbopropellers and other gas turbines – turbojets 
9. Other engines and motors (Reaction engines other than turbo jets, Hydraulic power engines and motors, Pneumatic power engines and motors, other, parts) [other than wind turbine or engine] 
10. 8416 Furnace burners for liquid fuel, for pulverised solid fuel or for gas; mechanical stokers, including their mechanical grates, mechanical ash dischargers and similar appliances.
11. 8417 Industrial or laboratory furnaces and ovens, including incinerators, nonelectric.
12. 8420 Calendering or other rolling machines, other than for metals or glass, and cylinders therefor
13. Centrifuges, including centrifugal dryers; filtering or purifying machinery and apparatus, for liquids or gases 
14. 8425 Pulley tackle and hoists other than skip hoists; winches and capstans; jacks
15. Ship’s derricks; cranes including cable cranes; mobile lifting frames, straddle carriers and works trucks fitted with a crane 
16. 8431 Parts suitable for use solely or principally with the machinery of headings 8425 to 8430
17. 8435 Presses, crushers and similar machinery used in the manufacture of wine, cider, fruit juices or similar beverages.
18. 8438 Machinery, not specified or included elsewhere in this Chapter, for the industrial preparation or manufacture of food or drink, other than machinery for the extraction or preparation of animal or fixed vegetable fats or oils.
19. 8439 Machinery for making pulp of fibrous cellulosic material or for making or finishing paper or paperboard.
20. 8440 Bookbinding machinery, including booksewing machines.
21. 8441 Other machinery for making up paper pulp, paper or paperboard, including cutting machines of all kinds.
22. 8442 Machinery, apparatus and equipment (other than the machines of headings 8456 to 8465) for preparing or making plates, printing components; plates, cylinders and lithographic stones, prepared for printing purposes (for example, planed, grained or polished).
23. 8443 Printing machinery used for printing by means of plates, cylinders and other printing components of heading 84.42; other printers, copying machines and facsimile machines, whether or not combined; parts and accessories thereof.
24. 8444 Machines for extruding, drawing, texturing or cutting man-made textile materials.
25. 8445 Machines for preparing textile fibres; spinning, doubling or twisting machines and other machinery for producing textile yarns; textile reeling or winding (including weft-winding) machines and machines for preparing textile yarns for use on the machines of heading 8446 or 8447
26. 8446 Weaving machines (looms).
27. 8447 Knitting machines, stitchbonding machines and machines for making gimped yarn, tulle, lace, embroidery, trimmings, braid or net and machines for tufting.
28. 8448 Auxiliary machinery for use with machines of heading 84.44, 84.45, 84.46 or 84.47 (for example, dobbies, Jacquards, automatic stop motions, shuttle changing mechanisms); parts and accessories suitable for use solely or principally with the machines of this heading or of heading 8444, 8445,8446 or 8447 (for example, spindles and spindles flyers, card clothing combs, extruding nipples, shuttles, healds and heald frames, hosiery needles)
29. 8449 Machinery for the manufacture or finishing of felt or nonwovens in the piece or in shapes, including machinery for making felt hats; blocks for making hats.
30. 8451 Machinery (other than machines of heading 8450) for washing, cleaning, wringing, drying, ironing, pressing (including fusing presses), bleaching, dyeing, dressing, finishing, coating or impregnating textile yarns, fabrics or made up textile articles and machines for applying the paste to the base fabric or other support used in the manufacture of floor covering such as linoleum; machines for reeling, unreeling, folding, cutting or pinking textile fabrics.
31. 8453 to 8471.
32. Braille typewriters, electric or nonelectric 
33. 8473 to 8475, 8477 all goods
34. 8479 Machines and mechanical appliances having individual functions, not specified or included elsewhere in this Chapter [other than Passenger boarding bridges of a kind used in airports (8479 71 00) and other (8479 79 00)].
35. 8480 to 8482.
36. 8485 – Blank in Tariff
37. 8486 Machines and apparatus of a kind used solely or principally for the manufacture of semiconductor boules or wafers, semiconductor devices, electronic integrated circuits or flat panel displays; machines and apparatus specified in Note 9 (C) to this Chapter; parts and accessories.
38. Machinery parts, not containing electrical connectors, insulators, coils, contacts or other electrical features not specified or included elsewhere in this chapter 
28% Tax bracket
1. Static converters (for example, rectifiers) and inductors 
2. Primary cells and primary batteries 
3. Electric accumulators, including separators therefor, whether or not rectangular (including square) 
4. Vacuum cleaners 
5. Electro-mechanical domestic appliances, with self-contained electric motor, other than vacuum cleaners of heading 8508 
6. Shavers, hair clippers and hair-removing appliances, with selfcontained electric motor 
7. Electrical ignition or starting equipment of a kind used for spark ignition or compression-ignition internal combustion engines (for example, ignition magnetos, magneto-dynamos, ignition coils, sparking plugs and glow plugs, starter motors); generators (for example, dynamos, alternators) and cut-outs of a kind used in conjunction with such engines 
8. Electrical lighting or signalling equipment (excluding articles of heading 8539), windscreen wipers, defrosters and demisters, of a kind used for cycles or motor vehicles 
9. Portable electric lamps designed to function by their own source of energy (for example, dry batteries, accumulators, magnetos), other than lighting equipment of heading 8512 
10. Electric instantaneous or storage water heaters and immersion heaters; electric space heating apparatus and soil heating apparatus; electrothermic hairdressing apparatus (for example, hair dryers, hair curlers, curling tong heaters) and hand dryers; electric smoothing irons; other electro-thermic appliances of a kind used for domestic purposes; electric heating resistors, other than those of heading 8545 
11. ISDN System[8517 69 10], ISDN Terminal Adaptor [8517 69 20], X 25 Pads[8517 69 40] 
12. Single loudspeakers, mounted in their enclosures [8518 21 00], Audio-frequency electric amplifiers [8518 40 00], Electric sound amplifier sets [8518 50 00], Parts [8518 90 00] 
13. Sound recording or reproducing apparatus 
14. Video recording or reproducing apparatus, whether or not incorporating a video tuner 
15. Parts and accessories suitable for use solely or principally with the apparatus of headings 8519 or 8521 
16. Transmission apparatus for radiobroadcasting or television, whether or not incorporating reception apparatus or sound recording or reproducing apparatus; television cameras, digital cameras and video cameras recorders 
17. Radar apparatus, radio navigational aid apparatus and radio remote control apparatus 
18. Reception apparatus for radiobroadcasting, whether or not combined, in the same housing, with sound recording or reproducing apparatus or a clock 
19. Monitors and projectors, not incorporating television reception apparatus; reception apparatus for television, whether or not incorporating radio-broadcast receiver or sound or video recording or reproducing apparatus 
20. Parts suitable for use solely or principally with the apparatus of headings 8525 to 8528 
21. Electrical signalling, safety or traffic control equipment for railways, tramways, roads, inland waterways, parking facilities, port installations or airfields (other than those of heading 8608) 
22. Electric sound or visual signalling apparatus (for example, bells, sirens, indicator panels, burglar or fire alarms), other than those of heading 8512 or 8530 
23. Electrical apparatus for switching or protecting electrical circuits, or for making connections to or in electrical circuits (for example, switches, relays, fuses, surge suppressors, plugs, sockets, lamp-holders, and other connectors, junction boxes), for a voltage not exceeding 1,000 volts : connectors for optical fibres optical fibres, bundles or cables 
24. Boards, panels, consoles, desks, cabinets and other bases, equipped with two or more apparatus of heading 8535 or 8536, for electric control or the distribution of electricity, including those incorporating instruments or apparatus of chapter 90, and numerical control apparatus, other than switching apparatus of heading 8517 
25. Electric filament or discharge lamps, including sealed beam lamp units and ultraviolet or infra-red lamps; arclamps 
26. Electrical machines and apparatus having individual functions, not specified or included elsewhere in this chapter 
27. Insulated wire, cable All goods 
28. Brushes under 8545 20 00 and goods under 8545 (including arc lamp carbon and battery carbon) 
29. Insulating fittings for electrical machines, appliances or equipment, being fittings wholly of insulating material apart from any minor components of metal (for example, threaded sockets) incorporated during moulding solely for the purposes of assembly, other than insulators of heading 8546; electrical conduit tubing and joints therefor, of base metal lined with insulating material